Friday, September 30, 2016

The Side Hustle.

Hey oh gosh hi ho there.

I am alive.  I’m struggling a bit for something worth writing a blog post about, (day to day life isn’t all that riveting, you know?) but I’m still kicking.  Mostly I’m having a hard time getting over some super funk type blues that were kicked off with a month of everyday rains and a canceled craft fair, but a big whine fest isn’t really good reading material.  [unless you’re weird, in which case, it is in fact, at my homepage blog here.]



This week I’m preparing for my NEXT craft fair, which is indoors, so rain or not by God it’s happening.  It’s the YWCA’s Fall Bazaar, which KP2 and I did last year as well, so I’m very pumped to have been invited back.  

This year will see all the same crafts that I’ve talked about in previous blog posts (since there was no previous craft fair at which to sell them due to rain), plus the famous carrot cupcakes, chocolate chip cookies, and I’m thinking maaaaaaybe some cake pops.  Because those are a fun thing that are big in the states but I haven’t really seen them here… even though I have noted the Japanese culture very much enjoys food that is served on a stick.

      
 try to contain your drool over kushiyaki.

Anywhoozle, that’s all on Friday, October 7th, from 10am to 3pm.  If’n you’re in Nagoya it’d be cool to see ya at the YWCA in Sakae.

After that, The Mister and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary by attending a Navy Ball out in Yokosuka.  Always nice to have an occasion to sort of gussy-up, but a sad reminder that I need to not “taste test” my goods for the fall bazaar so I can still fit in a pretty dress.  Fingers crossed on that.

And last but not least I’m working on embarking on a new avenue for online sales of my designs.  It’s called RedBubble, and it works as thus:

  1.  I can upload designs, to which I retain my ownership and rights.
  2.  Through that site I can select from a myriad of items from clothing to home accessories, which I can then tweak to alter how my design will be printed upon it.
  3. I can select my preferred markup of the item, essentially determining my profit on any sale.
  4. The site from there works to-order creating whatever was purchased.  You pick a design and an item, they will print that design on that item, handle the transaction, pay me and ship you your new stuff.




Sometimes to keep your head above water, you just gotta find a side hustle.*

Do YOU have a side hustle?  
I want to know about it.  Tell me in the comments! 
(and gimme a url link if you’ve got it!)

*thank you to blogger helloalissa for such a very apt term to define all the little projects in my life.*

today’s little language lesson
毎日私はハスルをします。
Mai-nichi watashiwa hasuru o shimasu.

Every day I’m hustlin.

No comments: