Friday, July 03, 2015

Doodle Dump (3)

Happy Friday!

Sorry for the late post, I lived life like a normal person this past week, so I was struggling to find something particularly noteworthy to discuss here.  And so instead I leave you with the side-by-side stories of the TWO high fives I received from Japanese folk this week.  High-Fives are not a Japanese thing, so these were both magical gifts, and they both made my day(s) in their own special ways.


Also mad apologies that I either need to invest in a larger scanner or a smaller sketchbook.  I will work on this.

HIGH FIVES: Grocery Store Vs. Evening Mac-Walkie
click to embiggen.
Quick Context for the left side:
when you grocery shop in Japan, you carry a basket, and after your make your purchases you take that basket to the tables set up past the register so you can pack your groceries into a bag.  Then you place the emptied basket in a collection stack so they can be recirculated.  This little girl is clearly in the "I wanna help!" development stage, so though I didn't draw her, rest assured I didn't just approach a little girl who was all alone.  She was pumped to be able to help her mom put away the basket, so after I smiled and got smiled back at by mom (so I knew she wasn't going to be alarmed at a foreigner interacting with her child as some Japanese folks are), I offered my basket to the kiddo so she could do it all again.  The high-five was more because I completely forgot what country I was in for a second, but she was all about it.

Quick Context for the right side: 
These three guys were all walking together, but Shiro was just being a butt, and deserved to be shamed a bit.  Everyone had a good laugh at his expense.  :)

Have you ever walked into something 
(or witnessed someone else walking into something) 
because you were too busy on your phone?  
Tell me in the comments!

today's little language lesson

行っているところを見てください!
i-tei rutokoro o mite kudasai!
Watch where you're going!

No comments: