Friday, August 16, 2013

A More Manageable Schedule.

"KpMcD!" I hear you all saying, "what's up with this no posts on the blog business!?"

I haven't posted in over a week, and I'm feeling guilty about it.  I need to stop feeling guilty about it, so here's the deal - instead of my usual Monday, Wednesday and sometimes Friday schedule that I've held (and for the past weeks, super failing at), we're going to a schedule of "when I have something awesome to post about, and enough time to post it, there will be a post."

Which is... not ideal for keeping a devoted readership.  I know.  But at least you're not waiting around for a new post like I did for a year with Hyperbole and a Half (if you have never read that blog... she doesn't post often, but when she does you will spit milk out your nose I promise.)

There's just too much on the plate at the moment y'all, and overwhelmed doesn't really begin to describe it all.  Without sharing it all, just some of the bullet points on the McD plate include:

  • Finding a replacement for Dora the Ford Explorer.  She's dying faster than we can find money to pay the mechanic with.  It's time.  It's the humane thing to do.  
  • Supporting the Mister as much as possible while he finishes up a summer-long journey to get back into the military.  I have lots of thoughts on this, but I have yet to find a good way to put them all in one coherent place.
  • Selling the house.  Oh wait, that's a big one, isn't it.  Yep.  BOOM.  I'm actually writing this from a Coffee shop because there's a potential buyer over there right now.
Mac is a fan of coffee shops.
  • Which also means we have to find a NEW house to live in.  
This is posted on the door for buyers in an attempt to keep Bubs safely corralled in the house.  
Fingers crossed.

I guess where I'm at is that all of these things, independently, are exciting.  Lumped all together in the same 2-3 week time frame has more or less made me lose my mind.  Are we friends or related in real life?  I'm sorry I've fallen off the face of the planet communication-wise.  I promise I'm still alive, I just need to sort through being a real life adult and such.
that's quite a sexy sign.

On the up side, this will all eventually fodder some great blog posts.  Most notably on my mind last night, was when our realtor called to let us know about this morning's showing.  His advice for me? "remember, it should be clean but not as perfect as you had it when I came over.  That was too intense."

...that's a thing?!  People can think a house they're checking out to LIVE IN is TOO CLEAN?  Who... what?  I can't begin to wrap my brain around that one.  I can't with this.
You're apparently not supposed to aim for this.

1 comment:

Queen Holly the Magnificent said...

Life is kicking my butt too. I think there must be something in the water telling us "we must fulfill all our adult responsibilities and challenges RIGHT NOW." Honestly, I think at this point I would even trade a few of my less important goals for a nap.