Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mac Does Something Awesome - Episode 12!

Did you miss the Shimmy Contest?  Not to Fear!  Because today is Mac Does Something Awesome day!  And thanks to our friends at the SPCA, we have some video and some great pictures.




You can watch it above there, or click here to watch it full screen on youtube!

I don't have much to add to what's already in the video, but we had a blast, and I hope they keep us on the short list for these kinds of projects in the future, because we all know Mac is a bit of an attention hog.

What smooth dance moves does your dog do?  
And what's your big pay off reward when he does them?
(Mac will do literally anything for CHEESE.)

Tell me in the comments!

And now, a few more fun pictures of Mac, myself, our AWESOME belly-dancing mentor Ann-Marie (she was so great with him!) and of course, our adoring fans.  (click a picture to embiggen and see my captions)

The poor biker guy (from Sons of Malta) was sure that the puppy was going to out-cute him
Pre-show, getting our pep talk from the head-dancer
Our donation/ vote collection team!
The dance!








Toward the end I just started running around with the collection bucket screaming "Give the Dog A Dollar, Get a High-Five!"  And so we made a few last minute buck-a-roos.










5 comments:

Deidre said...

My dogs would do anything for cheese as well. But my dogs never had any dance moves. Growing up I had a dog that was a fierce basketball player though. She could rebound super well - and intercept. passing wasn't her strong suit.

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

Aww, he totally should have won, he rocked!

Queen Holly the Magnificent said...

Oh my. This is the greatest thing ever.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This dog's IQ must be off the charts :)

Kp said...

Thanks all! Mac is pretty smart with tricks, but I like to think that every dog is smart at what they were bred to do. Dobes are made for easy /loyal training, and labs were made to please their people / retrieve things. Minus his inability to fetch, Mac fits those bills pretty well.