Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Mac Does Something Awesome: Kids Say the Darndest Things

Hey all -

Mac and I didn't record a MDSA today because we were busy helping with a presentation about the SPCA and rescued pets at a local elementary school.  I figured that we had a pretty good chance of getting fun quips out of the group of third graders we talked to, and I could share those instead of a video.

Luckily, those third graders did not disappoint.  My three favorite quotes from today:

Someone asked why Mac's nails were blue.  The actual answer is that he went to work with me last weekend and one of the girls in the grooming salon was bored so she painted his nails for fun.  I liked this little girl's answer better:


Then we took a walk with the class outside so they could get a group shot with Mac for the SPCA newsletter.  We encountered a line of kindergarteners on our way through the school, and one of them was ADAMANT that Mac was clearly a police dog.


That last bit he angry-whispered over his shoulder, like pointing out that Mac was a police dog wouldn't have blown my cover in the first place. Hahaha.

They asked me why I picked Mac out of all the other dogs at the SPCA, and I gave them the honest answer:  when I was looking at all the puppies there, I liked his little eyebrows.  And then I got this excellent jem:


All in all, we had a blast, the kids collected some great donations for the SPCA, and Mac got SO MANY COOKIES.  We're going to a first grade classroom in a few weeks.  I'll let you know what they have to say. :)


Any good kids + pets anecdotes you've witnessed?  
Share them in the comments!

4 comments:

Queen Holly the Magnificent said...

Oh lord that is too funny. Boys can paint their nails if they want to. You got it sister!

Danielle said...

After visiting all these kids you're going to have enough gold to write a book. =)

Kp said...

They were adorable. An adorable hand-full. Mac is still tuckered out from the experience.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I agree with Danielle...a book is in order :)