Friday, May 17, 2013

Audience Participation Friday: It's Almost Caturday!

I didn't post a Mac Does Something Awesome episode on Wednesday.  You may have noticed.
If you were really jonesing for a dose of silly dog videos, well, I apologize.  Reasons this didn't happen?  I've had some open design gigs that needed attention.  And, honestly?  Mac has like 6 new tricks in the hopper, but none of them are "video-ready" quite yet.


So I think, folks, we're going to have to put MDSA episodes onto a "when they're ready we'll share them" basis.  This is good though, it means Wednesdays open up for more silly stories here on KpQuePasa.

But since you might be feeling jilted in your usual dose of silly animal-themed things here (or did you read Monday's post? Because that might do it for you.),  I thought perhaps we might celebrate Caturday a day early today with an Audience Participation Friday!

Before we get to the actual APF for today, I'd like to take a second to plug a couple of things.  Because this is my blog and I'll do what I want.  Also, I'm making you a free cartoon, so you can read a few extra sentences for me. :)

Firstly - Today is cat themed because the SW Michigan SPCA has officially hit kitten-season.  They have a bunch of friendly felines looking for their forever families, and if you're in the area and need a friend, I'd like to urge you to check them out.

Secondly - on a similar note, poor Argo is STILL AT THE SHELTER.  Pass on his story if you know someone, please and thank you.

Thirdly - If you don't live in SW Michigan, but would still like to help, the KpQuePasa Etsy Monster is still running SPCAwesome month, where 50% of my sales will go straight to the shelter so the kittens and puppies can have food and toys while they wait for their perfect people.  Remember, if you don't see something that's just right for you already listed, I do custom work as well, just message me over Etsy!


Alrighty.  Thanks for reading all that.
Ready?  Here are the APF rules, if you're not familiar.

  1. Check out this handy-dandy info-graphic.
  2. Discover what your sign/ phone number/ favorite color dictates as your (or your friend's / husband's / child's / pet's) purrfect Cat Name.  Try not to weep in joy at how perfectly this simple exercise embodies your existence into one beautifully described and culturally relevant feline moniker.  [or, you know what? if you have a cat already and just want a silly, very quick caricature of them, I'll do that too.  I'm feeling doodly today.]
  3. Post your "Fresh Step Cat Name," or your actual pet cat's name (and if this is a real cat I'm depicting, a brief description) in the comments. 
  4. I'll read the comment, and create masterful pieces of art*
  5. You return to this post later and I will have added a jpeg of cat drawing which you can cherish forever and ever.  Or just giggle at, whichever.
  6. Spread this like catnip! - share this blog post with your friends, because it's way more fun to have a cat name if you also have a surly pack of street cats to join your antics.
  7. You have until Saturday (5/18) at midnight central time to make the above 7 steps happen.
*Example of aforementioned Masterful pieces of art created by moi:
I really felt a cat like this would have a proper whisker mustache. Yes.


EDIT: Here they come, folks!
"Count Snuggly Von Scooper likes to take tea in his study most mornings. Although if the morning has been especially difficult, as in instances with that pesky neighbor cat, or being ghastly mortified by the dog, he will not say no to a drop of whiskey in his cup either. And if the morning has involved the dreaded vacuum, he might also be heavily in need of a cigar. You know, to keep up his fortitude. "

"Chancellor Kitty Von Litter! I'm having a hard time deciding between a cat with a monacle or a lady cat with a fabulous hat. It could go either way. "  I thought monocle and cravat would do the name justice.


2 comments:

Queen Holly the Magnificent said...

Count Snuggly Von Scooper likes to take tea in his study most mornings. Although if the morning has been especially difficult, as in instances with that pesky neighbor cat, or being ghastly mortified by the dog, he will not say no to a drop of whiskey in his cup either. And if the morning has involved the dreaded vacuum, he might also be heavily in need of a cigar. You know, to keep up his fortitude.

Heather said...

Chancellor Kitty Von Litter! I'm having a hard time deciding between a cat with a monacle or a lady cat with a fabulous hat. It could go either way.

And someone needs to take that Argo home!