Monday, April 01, 2013

My Husband is so good at subtle segues. Not so good at subtle puns.


This is a real e-mail exchange that really happened between myself and the mister.

From: KpMcD at 10:59AM
To:  The Mister
Subj: TODAY'S VERY IMPORTANT INQUIRY FROM YOUR WIFE
TYPED ALL IN CAPS BECAUSE *SOMEONE'S* NOSE IS ON THE CAPS LOCK KEY. I'M NOT YELLING, I PROMISE. 
IF WE EVER GET A PIG (I DON'T HAVE ANY ASPIRATIONS TO HAVE A PET PIG, BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE I HAVE ALL MY BASES COVERED) CAN WE PLEASE NAME HIM CHRISTIAN PERCIVILLE BACON?
 
THANKS.
 
<3
 
KPMCD
 
(WE WILL OF COURSE SHORTEN THIS TO CHRIS P BACON IN LESS FORMAL CIRCLES.)
 


From: The Mister at 11:05AM
To: KpMcD
Subj: RE: TODAY'S VERY IMPORTANT INQUIRY FROM YOUR WIFE
I don't know what I think about calling a pig of ours Chris. 
CP Bacon? 
CHPR Bacon?
 
I'm ok with the idea....yumm bacon.
 



From: KpMcD at 11:12AM
To:  The Mister
Subj: RE: RE: TODAY'S VERY IMPORTANT INQUIRY FROM YOUR WIFE
I think you're missing the point.  I would never just call him Chris.  I would call him Chris P. Bacon. 
Turn to the person next to you and say "My wife wants to name our future pet pig "Chris P. Bacon" and see what their reaction is. 



From: The Mister at 11:18AM
To: KpMcD
Subj: RE: RE: RE: TODAY'S VERY IMPORTANT INQUIRY FROM YOUR WIFE

Crispy Bacon....  Took a minute.  Ha! 

Hey, speaking of bacon, what are your thoughts on a dinner plan for the week?  




What's the best name for a pet you've ever heard? 
(would Chris P. Bacon not be an 
excellent name for a piggy?)

Anyone else have a mental picture of the Mister actually turning to the person next to him and saying "my wife wants to name out future pet pig Chris P. Bacon" and then having a total "ah ha I get it!" face?

What are you making for dinner tonight?  
Because I'm out of ideas.

Tell me in the comments!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Ah, that's hilarious! My husband knows that whenever he does something I consider funny, it will be posted on my blog. Those are the posts that are the best to read! =)

Anna said...

If I ever had a Donkey I would name it Donkey-ote (Don Quixote)

Queen Holly the Magnificent said...

I had a cat named Outdoor Kitty once.

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

I had a goldfish called Sushi McFishsauce :)