Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Mac Does Something Awesome - Ep. 10 Bath Time!

We're back with a MDSA video this week!

Just in time too, because Mac... well he was pretty rank.  (Hard to tell just how dirty a black dog is until you get a whiff of him while snuggling and gag)

(You can watch below or click here to watch it full screen on youtube!)



Though you can tell he feels better after a good "spa day," Mac's always a little reluctant to hop in the tub.  We filmed this while getting him all clean so he could go to the SPCA this past weekend and accept his winnings for the Pet Celebrity Contest of 2013

So you'll be seeing a lot more of Mac around South West Michigan as he represents the SPCA and all the wonderful adoptees there for the entire year.  If you'd like to know more about that, you can

Click here to visit the Southwest SPCA website
Click here to read Mac's feature in the SPCA newsletter

Does your dog like baths? 
Or hairdryers?
(Mac comes running when I do my hair!)
What do you do to get them in the tub? (Bribery like me?) 
Do you have to wear a swimsuit when you bathe your pup like me 'cause you're going to get sopping wet no matter what?
Tell me in the comments!

I'm sure you may have noticed a few items in the video -
Lickety Stik - it's exactly how I described in the video -a liquid treat in a roll dispenser.  Mac adores his, and will work super hard for a quick lick.
Coconut Oil - We use it as a leave-in conditioner after Mac gets a bath.  I use it as a lotion after I shave my legs, and I even give Bub a lick or two of it to help him with hairballs.  All good things, people.
Zoom Groom (the green thing I'm brushing him with during his hair-dryer time) - It's a product of Kong (the durable dog-toy manufacturer), and functions as a great brush as well as massager for dogs with short hair (I've seen groomers use it on long haired dogs, but I can only attest to it's awesomeness on Mac's coat.)

What would you like to see Mac do next?
Stay tuned Wednesdays for new MDSAs.

2 comments:

Queen Holly the Magnificent said...

Yeah, I have to lift Jack into the tub, and wear old clothes. He hates being bathed and will hang his head out over the tub, which of course means I have a sopping wet dog head in my stomach, or against my hip, rubbing pet shampoo into my shirt. Also why do so many dog shampoos smell like fruit and flowers? That's what my dog want's to smell like, citrus.

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

Aww, he's wearing a tie!