Monday, January 21, 2013

How I Keep Tiny Noggins Warm.

I've reached my final week of formal training for my new job!  Which is to say that I've got one more week of full-time craziness before I assume the part-time job I actually signed up for, but I'm still really enjoying it, and I'm truly learning a ton every day.  And I'm feeling a lot more confident in this, so that's good too.

That said, it was nice to have the day off yesterday.  I spent most of that day being crafty.  One could say, MONSTROUSLY crafty. (ooooh soooo punny.)

A few weeks ago I posted a child's fleece hat to the Etsy Monster, and a very good friend of mine messaged me almost instantly to say "you made that?  Think it would fit my kid?"

And, you know, yes I think it would fit... except he doesn't have one tiny noggin running around his home for that hat to cover.  He has two babes, two noggins.  And as such, I couldn't just send one hat.  Plus, the perk of being a friend to the great KpMcD (if I can toot my own horn for a minute), is that I'm a giver.  (and I do enjoy any good reason to plop myself in front of a project, let's be real.)

So yesterday I craft-nerded out and put together two monster hats just for those two awesome little men.  I can't wait until they get to try them on, so I'm off to send them off in the mail right now!



Did you like Monsters as a little kid?  
What was your favorite fashion accessory*?
Did you like dress up?  
What did you dress up as?  
Tell me in the comments!


*I had a vest/ dinosaur costume.  It was fleece and pink and tied together in the front with ribbons.  It had a hood that had purple fleece spikes sewn to it, those same spikes down the back, and it even had a pink tail that was spiked as well.  I would wear it ALL THE TIME with my brown twirly-round skirt, well past the point that either item fit me in any sense of the word.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Those hats are adorable! I love days when I can just dig in and go full out crafty.

Those are some of the best days.

Queen Holly the Magnificent said...

Hell, I love to wear silly hats now. I have a whole collection of animal hats that I wear around the house, much to the annoyance of the husband.

Kp said...

Thanks! I think they turned out pretty cute too.

Silly animal hats for the win Holly. You know if you want a custom hat all ye need do is ask (and measure your head for me. and... you know, pay for it :)