Friday, November 02, 2012

APF - We now return to our regularly scheduled programming


Well hey there, hi there, ho there.

So, when last we met, I was a ball of stress mere days from my wedding.  Fast forward a month.
  • Totes got hitched to the love of my life.  The wedding couldn't have been more awesome.  
  • Leveled up from "Kp" to "KpMcD"
good golly. he's handsome.
we rode golf carts to go take pictures at the scenic points of the golf course after the ceremony.
 it was cold but fun, and i was convinced the new husband was going to fall off the back of the cart before my access to his life insurance policy kicked in.
  • Drunkenly relaxed on a beach for a week in the Dominican Republic.  Honeymoon win.
  • Survived our second reception in Green Bay, no thanks to the Rumchattas my friends insisted we down.  
Much more on all of that to come in the next few weeks.  But because I've been gone for a month:

LETS KICK THINGS OFF RIGHT WITH AN 
AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION FRIDAY, yeah?

As we are just on the other side of Halloween today, maybe you have a costume party to be attending this upcoming weekend.  Maybe you just love putting on a costume.  But maybe you haven't figured out what it is you should be yet?

Never fear.  I'm here to help.  Ready for the rules?
  1. Go here.  Or Here 
  2. Discover what your personality/ fashion sense/ favorite color dictates as your (or your friend's / husband's** / child's / pet's) halloween costume of choice this year.  Try not to weep in joy at how perfectly this simple exercise embodies your existence into one beautifully described and culturally relevant costume.  [or, you know what? if you already have a costume in mind and just need a mask, i'll do that too, what the hey.  spirit of the holiday, right? except i can't do copyrighted characters. don't want to get sued. you understand.]
  3. Post your costume's description in the comments. 
  4. I'll read the comment, and create masterful pieces of art/ masks*
  5. You return to this post later and I will have added a jpeg of a mask which you can copy to your desktop, print out, color, cut out, and affix to your face for a night of hauntingly devious fun.
  6. TRICK OR TREAT! - share this blog post with your friends, because it's way more fun to dress up if you have accomplices.
  7. You have until Saturday at midnight central time to make the above 7 steps happen.
*Example of aforementioned Masterful pieces of art created by moi:
 I should apparently be a ZOMBIE.  Which is not what I actually dressed up as for Halloween, but stay tuned for that next week, my lovelies.



...and in all it's horrifying glory.



EDIT:  HERE THEY COME, FOLKS:
A bunny (more or less a throwback to the easter post, but meh):

A Fairy (this was tricky.  how do you make a mask for a thing that's human-looking?  I went a swirly route)
A Pirate

And of course a Ghost Bug.  Which is really just a bug because I have no idea how to make that mash up in one mask.  But we can pretend.


**While you're all here clicking things anyway, I have a very important question that needs your input:

Now that I done went and got myself hitched, what should Fiance's new blog moniker be?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

Get to clickin' y'all - can't wait to see what you come up with!
Love, Peace and Chicken Grease,
KpMcD

5 comments:

Rikki said...

1. Now that I've met the man, I don't care what you call him. You two could not possibly be more amazing for one another (based, of course, on the 10 words I said to him at your reception.

2. I'd be a bunny rabbit. Which of course creeps me out for some reason.

Danielle said...

Glad you are back! Cannot wait to see more pics of the wedding! I know you'll post some...right? Please?

I took the quiz and it came up as a fairy. I did Cinderella this year and had a blast, so I think fairy is pretty darn close.

Congrats on the wedding!

Jamie said...

Glad that you are back! Looks like everything went well and I'm glad you had a great honeymoon!

I got a pirate! Yarrrggh!

Heather said...

I'm glad you are back too! It's good to hear you had a great wedding and bonus reception. I did both tests, just to see, and I'm supposed to be either a bug or a ghost. Ghost bug? Is that a cockroach or something? I have no idea.

Kp said...

Thanks for the warm welcomes ladies!