Well hey there, hi there, ho there.
So, when last we met, I was a ball of stress mere days from my wedding. Fast forward a month.
- Totes got hitched to the love of my life. The wedding couldn't have been more awesome.
- Leveled up from "Kp" to "KpMcD"
good golly. he's handsome.
we rode golf carts to go take pictures at the scenic points of the golf course after the ceremony.
it was cold but fun, and i was convinced the new husband was going to fall off the back of the cart before my access to his life insurance policy kicked in.
- Drunkenly relaxed on a beach for a week in the Dominican Republic. Honeymoon win.
- Survived our second reception in Green Bay, no thanks to the Rumchattas my friends insisted we down.
LETS KICK THINGS OFF RIGHT WITH AN
AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION FRIDAY, yeah?
As we are just on the other side of Halloween today, maybe you have a costume party to be attending this upcoming weekend. Maybe you just love putting on a costume. But maybe you haven't figured out what it is you should be yet?
Never fear. I'm here to help. Ready for the rules?
- Go here. Or Here
- Discover what your personality/ fashion sense/ favorite color dictates as your (or your friend's / husband's** / child's / pet's) halloween costume of choice this year. Try not to weep in joy at how perfectly this simple exercise embodies your existence into one beautifully described and culturally relevant costume. [or, you know what? if you already have a costume in mind and just need a mask, i'll do that too, what the hey. spirit of the holiday, right? except i can't do copyrighted characters. don't want to get sued. you understand.]
- Post your costume's description in the comments.
- I'll read the comment, and create masterful pieces of art/ masks*
- You return to this post later and I will have added a jpeg of a mask which you can copy to your desktop, print out, color, cut out, and affix to your face for a night of hauntingly devious fun.
- TRICK OR TREAT! - share this blog post with your friends, because it's way more fun to dress up if you have accomplices.
- You have until Saturday at midnight central time to make the above 7 steps happen.
...and in all it's horrifying glory.
EDIT: HERE THEY COME, FOLKS:
A bunny (more or less a throwback to the easter post, but meh):
A Fairy (this was tricky. how do you make a mask for a thing that's human-looking? I went a swirly route)
And of course a Ghost Bug. Which is really just a bug because I have no idea how to make that mash up in one mask. But we can pretend.
**While you're all here clicking things anyway, I have a very important question that needs your input: