Monday, August 27, 2012

Starring Me; As A Mess of A Person.

I am not a fan of chick-flicks.  I do enjoy movies which have a romantic sub-plot, but I am never going to be the girl who drags her significant other to the movie theater to check out the latest thing staring Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks (it is probably very telling that I couldn't think of current actors to fill that cliche joke, but you know what I mean).  Give me a good super-hero movie, or some big summer block buster, or even a ridiculous raunchy buddy-flick.  All good times.
awwwwww yusssss.

I like to think that Fiance sees that as a super plus, but I probably negate all that "no-chick-flick awesomeness" with my insistence on seeing everything that's ever been animated on the silver screen.
seriously, you want to waste $8.50 for that?
IT IS NOT A WASTE LOOK AT THEIR ADORABLE ANIMATED EXPRESSIONS 
THIS IS MOVING ART.

All that said, I couldn't subject myself to another "Toddlers and Tiaras" marathon on TLC while working on wedding crafts this weekend.  And thus, here is an actual snippet from my Saturday night, thanks to Facebook chat, and a very patient friend/bridesmaid  (you may note I did not even start this with a hello.  miss manners would be ashamed.):


  • 11:01PM
    • Kp
      WHO WAS THE ASSHOLE THAT CREATED THE NOTEBOOK AND WHY WOULD THEY PLAY IT EVER ON TV.

      my ovaries imploded.
  • 11:02PM
    Patient Friend/ Bridesmaid
    • hmm
    • wait
    • hadn't you seen this movie before?
  • 11:02PM
    Kp
    • no, and it was on abc family and i was all "man, everyone with a uterus loves this movie, maybe i should check it out as long as i'm in tonight"
  • 11:04PM
    Patient Friend/ Bridesmaid
    • ahhh
    • uh oh
  • 11:04PM
    • Kp
      and now i am sobbing. SOBBING hysterically over two fictional old dead people.



  • 11:05PM
    Patient Friend/ Bridesmaid
    • aw
    • no worries?
    • itll be ok?
    • life isnt that dramatic
  • 11:07PM
    Kp
    • haha
    • okay thanks
    • but seriously. who makes a movie like that
    • don't people go to movies to escape and enjoy themselves?
  • 11:10PM
    Patient Friend/ Bridesmaid
    • nicholas sparks
  • 11:10PM
    Kp
    • that was like an emotional waterboarding
  • 11:12PM
    Patient Friend/ Bridesmaid
  • 11:15PM
    Kp
    • ooOoo. that is pretty cool



      Thank goodness friends who will talk type you down.  
      And for youtube.  
      Three days until Fiance's home.  

      (fully aware that some of you read this blog for the cartoons I draw.  My sprained thumb predicament is markedly better, and I should be back to posting doodles very soon!  Thanks for hanging in there)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thread love!

- F

Queen Holly the Magnificent said...

Oh god the notebook. After I graduated from college and was going through the obligatory unemployment stage I found a copy of that from somewhere and read it. Talk about being punched in your emotions. It was all like, 'this will help me forget about my monetary troubles' to 'oh god I am going to die and suffer and why do the people in this book have money?' Yeah. I hate Nicholas Sparks too. A lot. Fuck that guy.

Kp said...

I just don't understand what the point is of wanting to read/watch something that is designed to make you cry. I just don't. I can't. Entertainment should be entertaining.