Friday, March 09, 2012

Audience Participation Friday (7)

For those wondering: I finished the Hunger Games.  At 3:40 Thursday Morning.  I'm not proud, but it was goooooooood.

Friend, and regular reader, Rikki posted this game on her blog, and tagged me to play the next round. Hopefully it amuses you all as much as it does me.  And if so, well:  Play along!

THE RULES

  • Post these rules.
  • Post 11 random things about yourself.
  • Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you.
  • Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
  • Go to their blog and tell them they’ve been tagged!

KPQUEPASA RULES:
  • Instead of tagging other bloggers, I'm tagging you if you've read this far. - Leave your responses in the comments!
  • I'm drawing your answers to #11 on my list today - if you feel like participating in just that part, that's cool too - just make sure you do it before Midnight Saturday, central time.

11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME


  1. I am capable of sleeping just about anywhere, at any time.  I'm like a human snorlax.  Except I don't snore and I'm not 1000lbs.  Okay sometimes I snore.
  2. It is one of my greater hopes that one day Fiance and I will live somewhere cozy and permanent, with a big enough stretch of land that I can bird-watch, and garden, and have more than one big dog running around, and I could paint every room just how I wanted because we'd own the place, and recently I added that I'd like to have a pet duck too.
  3. Fiance once tried to teach me how to shoot.  It started out as my idea of a great "getting to know each other" type date.  It ended with me crying so hard I was convulsing.  None of this was his fault.  ...I should probably make a blog post out of that one of these days.
  4. I can whistle just like a Disney songbird.  And frequently do, without noticing that I'm whistling until someone else tells me.
  5. The bed is a constant trigger for my OCD.  If the sheets/ blankets are not perfectly square on the bed or one side hangs down lower than the other, I have to get up and fix it or I can't sleep.  And when I say I can't sleep I really mean I will curl into a little ball and fixate on what's wrong while staring at the ceiling.  This drives Fiance nuts, particularly when he's trying to cool off his feet by pulling the covers up too high.  I flip-out.  Also flip-out worthy?  When one of the corners of the fitted sheet comes off.  Oh my God I hate that.
  6. I can play the piano.  I used to be fairly good until I decided one day that I didn't like my teacher and pulled a serious brat-card tantrum.  I've lost most of it now, but I can still read music and I still have Fur Elise memorized.  If we can figure out how to move it, Fiance and I will soon get my childhood piano from my mum's house - and I'm kind of excited about that.
  7. When I was in high school I loved to act.  I still do in fact, but I got parts and actually did it when I was in HS.  My favorite part was playing a super stupid southern belle in a murder mystery.  [spoiler alert!] The killer ended up being my "husband," and at the end of the play my character was supposed to get all haughty and slap him.  Except it was a student-produced show and none of us knew how to do a stage slap, so I was told to just slap him for real... but like, loud enough that the audience could hear it.  I have no idea how we managed to stay real life friends after the welt I left on that poor guy's face.
  8. I don't act now because there are few ways to get involved in theatre as an adult that don't involve singing.  And I don't sing.  AT ALL EVER, no matter how much you ask me to, and in fact badgering me about it will just irreversibly piss me off.  See also: Why I hate Karaoke so much it physically hurts sometimes.
  9. In college I wore a ratty sweatshirt, jeans, and a backward baseball cap every. single. day.  I also went so 100% full-tilt by the moniker Kp, that I fully believe some of my college friends and professors don't really know my actual name.
  10. I can quote the Lion King, (my favorite part. I don't know why) from beginning to end, changing inflection appropriately for each character, without having the movie playing at the same time.  I have watched it that many times.  And I still cry when Mufasa dies.
  11. I hate the consistency of chili - it's like eating paste. I can't stomach it, which is a bummer because I'm pretty sure it's one of Fiance's favorite foods. And also weird, because possibly my favorite Mexican food is Frijoles A La Charra... which is more or less the Mexican answer to chili.


11 QUESTIONS THAT RIKKI POSTED
  1. What do you want to be when you grow up?  I don't know.  And I've realized that whenever I made a plan it's never actually gone in that direction, so I stopped trying.  I'll be honest, when I think about the future in terms of "best case scenario," I never picture myself in a certain career.  Better to fly by my seat of my pants and see where the world takes me.  However (comma), it would tickle me to have the QuePasa empire somehow blow up and make me awesomely famous... like famous enough that I could be invited on Conan, but not famous enough that paparazzi follow me or care what I do during the day.
  2. What is the best book you have ever read?  Toss up.  It's hard to say I've been as emotionally invested in a book as I was in the final Harry Potter book, so probably that.  But I enjoyed Candygirl so much I've read it enough times over for the binding to break.  The sex industry fascinates me, and reading the perspective of someone who went in and got out, and brought along with her a greater sense of self confidence and worth... that's awesome to me.  Plus it's hilarious.
  3. If you had to go on a week-long road trip with one person, who would you pick?  I mean, Fiance, clearly.  We travel pretty well together.  Plus he's got some wicked rewards points stored up so we could get our hotel stays for free probably.  But if not the obvious answer, than BFFJ would be a very close second.  If for no other reason than a road trip with her would likely end at the Harry Potter theme park.  Also because we could eat a whole bunch of Cheerios.  And I don't even care that she is the only person on this earth that will understand why that's funny.
  4. Who put on the best concert you've ever seen?  I have not seen many concerts.  And the answer is ridiculous:  The Happy Schnapps Combo.  (This is one of those weird moments where I realize just how proud I am of being from Wisconsin.)  Not because their songs are amazing by any means, but because the entertainment value they provide as they bop along to an accordion and drunkenly sing is super fun.  Also I saw them at Summerfest so I was probably drunk and eating an elephant ear as I listened.  And clearly elephant ear consumption always instantly ups whatever situation you're in like 20 points on the yay scale.
  5. When was the last time you said thank you?  Um, in English?  ...good question.  In Spanish?  about 20 minutes ago, to the man who comes by about once a month to ask if we have any old clothes that his family could use.  Today I had a pair of old shoes for him.  I appreciate that in this stupidly over-wealthy part of town, he keeps me humble, though I wish more people would open their door to him.
  6. If you could invent your own room, what would be special about it?  (For example, if I had my own special room, it would be filled with glittery glass things and on a really bad day, I could go in and break things and oompa-loompas would come clean up after me.)  Okay first off Rikki's "for example" is pretty boss.  Secondly, I would have a magic version of my current lady cave.  I would never want for the supplies I needed right at that second, whatever mess I made would clean itself up just in the way I want it cleaned/ reorganized, and on one side there would be a library that always has the book I want to read on it's shelves (whether I know what book that is myself or not).  Also a really rad stereo system that played exactly what I wanted to hear all the time.
  7. When did you first realize the world wasn't 100% fair?  Somewhere in highschool.   Actually more than realizing the fair part, I realized that the world does not always shake out with the happily ever after endings you see in books.  That one sided highschool romance is not suddenly going to turn into a fantastical love affair you've always dreamed of, people will in fact die, perhaps the religion you've so staunchy been groomed to follow will suddenly cease to make sense when the real world shows you an exception to the rules.  But mostly the romance thing.  I mean, that was mostly all my head could absorb as a 17 year old.
  8. What are you most proud of thus far in your life?  My education.  It's not something everybody could do, or want to do, but I stuck through two entire degrees that have absolutely nothing to do with each other, and for some reason that gives me a whole lot of self-confidence in the "well-rounded" arena.  Maybe this sounds snobby (I hope not), but I really truly wish it was appropriate to sign everything: Kristin Peterson, MEd. Because I worked hard for those extra letters, dammit.
  9. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?  AHHHHHH!  WE DID THIS.  We really truly sat down and figured this out when I was in high school.  A group of, I think, 6 or 7 of us bought a box of 100 tootsie roll pops and set up a scientific experiment (all on our own, not a class project.  I know.  Nerds).  We believed that if we wrote a report on our findings and sent them to the Tootsie Roll people that they would send us t-shirts with that awesome owl on them (when I say we believed this, I mean we actually included a table at the end of the report with our shirt sizes.  In retrospect, I don't think any of us realized just how dirty it was to wear a shirt that asked how many licks anything took...).  Instead we received a letter back from tootsie roll more or less stating "yeah, thanks, we get this all the time." and ANOTHER BOX OF tootsie roll pops.  You should know after you sit through an entire 100 pack of those things you don't really want another box.  Ever.  We wanted shirts dangit. But whatever.  I believe the final number was something around 384. Someone has this saved on their computer somewhere... help me out ladies.
  10. What is your single favorite article of clothing?  My bear feet slippers.  Duh.  Also my wedding dress is pretty damn cool.
  11. What would your memoir be titled?  OoOo this is an excellent question.  "And then I found five dollars.  And a Clicky-pen."  Because clicky-pens are awesome, and because that's pretty much how ever story of mine ends anyway.



11 QUESTIONS FOR YOU

  1. If you could rename yourself, what would you be called?
  2. James Bond: Sex Addict or Slut (this is the first question I ever asked Fiance.  True story.)
  3. If you've ever had a dog - what was the best trick they knew?  Alternately, what is the best trick you would teach your dog (realistically)?
  4. What was the scariest thing that ever happened to you when you were a kid?
  5. If you could live in the world of any TV show, what would it be (or alternately, who would you be?)?
  6. Do you believe in Aliens?  Do you think we'll meet them in our lifetime?
  7. Scientists colonize the moon and are looking for volunteers to leave Earth and start the lunar population.  Do you go?  Discuss.
  8. Without lasting legal, medical, or psychological ramifications to consider, would you ever try drugs?  Which ones?
  9. If you were a celebrity, what would you be famous for and which talk show would you be a guest on?
  10. What was the last thing to tug on your heartstrings?
  11. If scientists could take parts from any animal and combine them into the "perfect companion creature,"  how would you design yours & what would you call it?
Ex:  The Kapasador


  • The fur and tail of a Chinchilla, combined with 
  • the size and weight-bearing abilities of a horse
  • the ears of a bassett hound (because I think they're adorable)
  • the eyes of a deer (see above)
  • the extra skin flaps of a sugar-glider (semi-flight? even yesser)
  • intelligence/trainability/loyalty/webbed feet AND love for water of a laborador retreiever
  • Also they should come in a variety of color combos, but my Kapasador would be clearly be a blue merle


1 comment:

Rikki said...

I love your answers and questions. Still thinking on question 11 - if I come up with a good answer before your deadline, I'll let you know!

Thanks for participating :-)