Today's audience participation? Discover your pokémon name!
Were you one of those geeky kids that had to catch 'em all? I was. But I was old school - I had the original blue version on my gameboy (which I was able to procure after majorly guilt-tripping my parents about how much pain I was in after getting my appendix out) And I totally beat it, and caught 'em all (almost - I never ended up trading anyone with a red game. I don't share well.).
Anywhoo - now there's about 6 thousand pokémon and the thought of making them something little kids should aspire to catch a complete collectin of is probably a great contributor to the childhood obesity epidemic. Still. Who wouldn't want to catch this face and stuff it in a tiny ball?
dudes and dudettes: growlithe was my HOMEBOY. Seriously.
I did the rare candy cheat and got him to like level 87
or something crazy and I didn't let him evolve and he was a BAMF.
I'm gonna step off the supa-nerd box for a second...The rules are the same as last week:
- Go here.
- Discover your pokémon name (or your kid's name, or your pet's name. I don't care, have fun with it). Try not to weep in joy at how perfectly this simple exercise embodies your personality and existence into one beautifully described pocket monster.
- Post yourpokémon's full name and description in the comments.
- I'll read the comment, and create masterful pieces of art*
- You return to this post later and I will have added a portrait of the majestic pokémon which represents the very essence of your soul.
- You have until Saturday at midnight central time to make the above 5 steps happen.