Friday, February 10, 2012

Audience Participation Friday (3)

I don't know how well this one's going to go folks (I don't know how many different combos are available), but I found this and I could NOT pass it up.

Today's audience participation?  Discover your pokémon name!

Were you one of those geeky kids that had to catch 'em all?  I was.  But I was old school - I had the original blue version on my gameboy (which I was able to procure after majorly guilt-tripping my parents about how much pain I was in after getting my appendix out)  And I totally beat it, and caught 'em all (almost - I never ended up trading anyone with a red game.  I don't share well.).


Anywhoo - now there's about 6 thousand pokémon and the thought of making them something little kids should aspire to catch a complete collectin of is probably a great contributor to the childhood obesity epidemic.  Still.  Who wouldn't want to catch this face and stuff it in a tiny ball?
dudes and dudettes: growlithe was my HOMEBOY. Seriously.  
I did the rare candy cheat and got him to like level 87 
or something crazy and I didn't let him evolve and he was a BAMF.

I'm gonna step off the supa-nerd box for a second...The rules are the same as last week:


  1. Go here.
  2. Discover your pokémon name (or your kid's name, or your pet's name.  I don't care, have fun with it).  Try not to weep in joy at how perfectly this simple exercise embodies your personality and existence into one beautifully described pocket monster.
  3. Post yourpokémon's full name and description in the comments. 
  4. I'll read the comment, and create masterful pieces of art*
  5. You return to this post later and I will have added a portrait of the majestic pokémon which represents the very essence of your soul.
  6. You have until Saturday at midnight central time to make the above 5 steps happen.
*Example of aforementioned Masterful pieces of art created by moi:
My pokémon name - Bertwhirl!

You live in the meadows of China, and your diet consists mostly of bats, garbage and ambrosia.

Characteristics

You can shoot 8-track tapes. You have a fear of broken glass. You can throw hot death. You can throw lightning bolts. You can shoot Mr. PiBB. You can breathe rocks. You can swim in lava. You can eat poison. You have uncanny instinct. You have a fear of granola.

Natural Enemies
Your natural enemy is Kochu.


What're you waiting for!  Team Rocket's gonna be all up in your business if you don't check this one out!
Meowth thats right.


EDIT:  Here the come folks!


#86210: Polipit


#36759:  Moopuff  (a challenger has appeared!)

 #42103:  Shatrina (these have some RIDICULOUS descriptions.  ha)

 #98259:  Squirser (where in the desert is there enough Dr. Pepper to swim in?)


4 comments:

rcohan_1989 said...

Yay audience participation friday!!! I can't wait to see this one :)

Your Pokéname is:
Polipit
You live in the snowy valleys of Nunavut, and your diet consists mostly of berries, grass and tea.

Characteristics
(Combat and Non-combat)
You can puke Dr. Pepper. You can puke broken glass. You have a force field. You can breathe electricity.

Natural Enemies
Your natural enemy is Moopuff.

Sullykins said...

Bwahaha. Full body tattoo! Can't wait to see it!

Your Pokéname is: Shatrina

Profile
You live in the frigid tundra of Kamchatka, and your diet consists mostly of grapes, TV dinners and lattés.

Characteristics
(Combat and Non-combat)
You have a fear of lava. You can throw wind. You can resist ice bolts. You have a discoball. You have a full-body tattoo. You can shoot evil glances. You can walk on jet fuel. You have a winning smile.

Natural Enemies
Your natural enemy is Charmon.

Rob Oh said...

Squirser

Profile

You live in the blazing deserts of the Congo, and your diet consists mostly of insects, twigs and wine.
Characteristics

(Combat and Non-combat)

You can throw salt spikes. You can swim in Dr. Pepper. You have a magic chest of hats. You can eat rocks. You can shoot bricks. You can shoot ice bolts. You can breathe electricity.
Natural Enemies

Your natural enemy is Humwad.

Heather said...

This is such a good idea!

I'm Moopuff

Characteristics

(Combat and Non-combat)

You can throw sand. You can shoot fire. You can puke bricks. You have propellors. You can spit broken glass. You have a fear of hot death. You can shoot evil glances. You have ten-inch claws. You can eat rocks.
Natural Enemies

Your natural enemy is Polipit.

We've got natural enemies in the comment section...I'm coming for you, rcohan_1989!