Friday, February 03, 2012

Audience Participation Friday (2)

Hey all!

Remember that one time, last Friday, where I invited you all to use a silly online name generator to determine your "Spirit Animal?"  And then I drew them?

That was redonk fun for me.  And it gave me time to make my Friday kind of productive instead of using the whole day just to blog.

So much fun, in fact, that I thought maybe we should keep that going.

Today's audience participation?  Discover your superhero name!

Please note that I do not subscribe to the notion that women super heroines need to be buxom and scantily clad to achieve greatness, so if'n you're a lady, know that this is a silly, not sexy, exercise.  Dear Marvel, you should get with that program.  But if the name generated calls for it, I might Pump. You Up.

The rules are the same as last week:

  1. Go here.
  2. Discover your super hero name (or your kid's name, or your pet's name.  I don't care, have fun with it).  Try not to weep in joy at how perfectly this simple exercise embodies your personality and existence into one beautifully described super-entity.
  3. Post your super hero/heroine's full name in the comments. (and let me know if it's for you/ your pet/ that dude that lives down the street you fantasize about so I can interpret it correctly)
  4. I'll read the comment, and create masterful pieces of art*
  5. You return to this post later and I will have added a portrait of the majestic hero/heroine which represents the very essence of your soul.
  6. You have until Saturday at midnight central time to make the above 5 steps happen.
*Example of aforementioned Masterful pieces of art created by moi:
My super heroine name - The Amphibious Weirdo

And if you need yet more silly names, I think you should check out this video, created by a mother attempting to record the brilliant names her three-year-old assigns her toys.  

Serious question(s) - Is this worth keeping up?  
Would you come back each Friday for a stupid personalized sketch?  
Would you recommend it to your friends?

Ready?  OK Go!




EDIT:  Here they come folks!


The Amazing Weirdo

I decided that what made her weird was that she defeated 
villians by throwing ninja stars from her utility belt... using her feet.


The Extraordinary Samuri
I couldn't not give you pigtails.  You would wear them in a fit of angsty justice, I know.

The Magnificent Surfer
Being a dog, I have this feeling he'd be more about feeling the wind in his 
face like he was riding in a car, over that whole fighting crime thing.  
But before he hits the waves, he throws on his secret-identity mask, just in case.

The Super-Intelligent Enigma
I know you're a nerd like me, so I have to wonder if you saw the obvious backstory of your alter-ego that I did.  She's clearly the daughter of the Riddler.  Turned to a crime-free life after her father ruined her childhood by never letting her win at the "why?" game.  

The Amazing Tornado
Unfortunately my metallic colored pencils don't photograph too well .  
I wonder if the secret identity to the Tornado's alter-ego is ever able to brush 
her hair all the way through, or if it's always tangly.

The Tone-Deaf Midget
Minus the obvious PC issues here, this made me snort.  
You fight for justice using your giant broken musical note 
that doubles as a scythe, and if that doesn't get the 
criminals to surrender, you use your tin flute to ease them into surrender.

The Amazing Defender
I don't know why, but I really wanted this one to wear a helmet.  
I also think she'd be wicked cool if her boots became 
rollerskates and in her free-time between defending things, she was a derby-gal.


The Acrobatic Scarab
The bright read hair really works for this.  

16 comments:

Jamie said...

I am: The Amazing Weirdo!

And I love audience participation Friday, especially when you post it in those last horrible hours before quitting time. Personalized sketches ROCK in the USA.

Sunny said...

I am The Extraordinary Samurai!

Nicole said...

Mine wasn't very cool, so I opted for Stout's... The Magnificent Surfer. :) These are hilarious.

rcohan_1989 said...

I am The Super-Intelligent Enigma!!

I would come back every week for these, and have recommend them to friends (particularly ones who know you). I think these are really fun

Heather said...

I am the Amazing Tornado. I would totally come back for more of these, and I'm sad I missed last week's.

K said...

The Tone-Deaf Midget

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

The Amazing Defender

And can I just say I love this!

Sunny said...

I love it! And I honestly think it would make for a fun coffee-table book in the future.

rcohan_1989 said...

I totally saw the same back story, I love this!!! New profile picture!

Sullykins said...

Please tell me I'm not late!! I missed last weeks. =( But in any case, here is mine:

The Acrobatic Scarab

Can't wait to see it!

Kp said...

You made it just under the wire Sullykins - posting it now, and then the superhero collection will be complete!

Sullykins said...

Yes!!!!!! Thanks KP!

Karen said...

It's like you know me or something. Have been thinking about trying out for derby, and now that I know my super hero alter-ego does it might have been the push I needed!

Kp said...

Ahh Karen you gotta try it! How fun!

Heather said...

Yes, my power is that I can brush my hair AT ANY TIME, usually with pieces of straw travelling at 50 miles an hour. You should try it some time.