Remember that one time, last Friday, where I invited you all to use a silly online name generator to determine your "Spirit Animal?" And then I drew them?
That was redonk fun for me. And it gave me time to make my Friday kind of productive instead of using the whole day just to blog.
So much fun, in fact, that I thought maybe we should keep that going.
Today's audience participation? Discover your superhero name!
Please note that I do not subscribe to the notion that women super heroines need to be buxom and scantily clad to achieve greatness, so if'n you're a lady, know that this is a silly, not sexy, exercise. Dear Marvel, you should get with that program. But if the name generated calls for it, I might Pump. You Up.
The rules are the same as last week:
- Go here.
- Discover your super hero name (or your kid's name, or your pet's name. I don't care, have fun with it). Try not to weep in joy at how perfectly this simple exercise embodies your personality and existence into one beautifully described super-entity.
- Post your super hero/heroine's full name in the comments. (and let me know if it's for you/ your pet/ that dude that lives down the street you fantasize about so I can interpret it correctly)
- I'll read the comment, and create masterful pieces of art*
- You return to this post later and I will have added a portrait of the majestic hero/heroine which represents the very essence of your soul.
- You have until Saturday at midnight central time to make the above 5 steps happen.
*Example of aforementioned Masterful pieces of art created by moi:
My super heroine name - The Amphibious Weirdo
And if you need yet more silly names, I think you should check out this video, created by a mother attempting to record the brilliant names her three-year-old assigns her toys.
Serious question(s) - Is this worth keeping up?
Would you come back each Friday for a stupid personalized sketch?
Would you recommend it to your friends?
Ready? OK Go!
EDIT: Here they come folks!
The Amazing Weirdo
I decided that what made her weird was that she defeated
villians by throwing ninja stars from her utility belt... using her feet.
The Extraordinary Samuri
I couldn't not give you pigtails. You would wear them in a fit of angsty justice, I know.
The Magnificent Surfer
Being a dog, I have this feeling he'd be more about feeling the wind in his
face like he was riding in a car, over that whole fighting crime thing.
But before he hits the waves, he throws on his secret-identity mask, just in case.
The Super-Intelligent Enigma
The Amazing Tornado
Unfortunately my metallic colored pencils don't photograph too well .
I wonder if the secret identity to the Tornado's alter-ego is ever able to brush
her hair all the way through, or if it's always tangly.
The Tone-Deaf Midget
Minus the obvious PC issues here, this made me snort.
You fight for justice using your giant broken musical note
that doubles as a scythe, and if that doesn't get the
criminals to surrender, you use your tin flute to ease them into surrender.
The Amazing Defender
I don't know why, but I really wanted this one to wear a helmet.
I also think she'd be wicked cool if her boots became
rollerskates and in her free-time between defending things, she was a derby-gal.
The Acrobatic Scarab
The bright read hair really works for this.