Thursday, January 05, 2012

Taking Stock of 2011.

First and foremost,

Happy 1 Year Anniversary today to KpQuePasa.com and this little blog!
Lots more rambling gibberish where this came from folks!


KpQuePasa  Anniversay
I celebrated with a bathroom dance party. It was fabulous.
Also sorry if this gave you a seizure.
With great blingee power comes great responsibility...


Speaking of rambling, I'm having a hard time with settling on one blog topic this morning. There are four that I'm itching to work on.

In the interest of proper timing, I figure that today I should go with the
2011 reflection. Additionaly, I figured since I've already got an entire pot of coffee in me today (I'm pretty sure you may have guessed that by the glitter picture above), and since the reflection comes with a bit of a structure, it would be the smart choice to avoid going totally off into tangent world while the caffeine runs wild through my veins like a team of robot unicorns.

Aforementioned structure courtesy of my fan-tabulous matron of honor, and Mondo-Beyondo.Description: Link
1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2011?
What did you create?

I created a lot. With Fiance's help I created the KpQuePasa "empire" and started this whole crazy thing off. Ha. Empire. Some of my favorites: Sleep masks/ the entire esty monster stock, Cookie Catan, our Halloween Costumes, the Paper stars.
What challenges did you face with courage and strength?
I willingly left a really cool job that I wasn't a good fit with anymore, to go out into the world unemployed for the first time since I was 18. I'm happy to say that I don't miss the job. But I do miss the people quite a bit.

What promises did you keep?
I kept promises to myself - to keep drawing, keep creating, and keep making myself laugh.

What brave choices did you make?
We moved to Mexico.

What are you proud of?
I'm am pretty proud that I'm still so excited about KpQuePasa and what I can do with it. And I'm proud of what I've already done with it.

2. What is there to grieve about 2011?
What was disappointing?
You know, any disappointments I encountered were truly petty and short-lived. So that's pretty cool.

What was scary?
Moving to Mexico! Leaving Mac behind for over a month. Riding in a Mexican taxi. Losing Bubba for four hours.

What was hard?
Again, moving. And getting comfortable with Spanish.

What can you forgive yourself for?
Breaking the lawnmower. Not being 100% fluent in Spanish yet. Being a spaz.

3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it
complete?

The next step is to say out loud, “I declare 2011 complete!”
How do you feel? If you don’t feel quite right, there might be one more thing
to say…
Thanks for reading and laughing. Seriously.
4. The final step is to consider your primary focus for the year to come. What is your primary intention or theme for 2012?
Primary focus here? Continue expanding the KpQuePlan. (why yes, I do really call it that.)
Primary focus of life? Plan most kick-ass wedding possible. Get married. Figure out what to call myself when my initials cease to be KP.
So that's me in a nutshell. What about you?
Do you have any reflections on 2011? Any resolutions or new leafs you're turning over?
Random Section Time!
1. While we were home in the states I stumbled upon a really awesome phenomenon: Literally every person we visited asked if we'd like them to send us a care package in Mexico. Bluntly, I feel super loved. Humbly, I have a hard time being all "Oh, yes please deign a present upon us because we are so missing common comforts from the grand United States." Because we're honestly just fine.

But.

If you are really itching to try your hand out at international shipping, I've decided to add a little side-bar list on this blog (down on the Left-Hand side here), called "Care Package Cravings," of stuff that we either can't find in Mexico, or is hard for us to find/buy here (ex: of course there are stores here to buy fabrics/ notions, but I struggle with how those stores are set up, and communicating with the staff is almost always a disaster). I'll try to keep that as up to date as possible. If you need a shipping address, please e-mail (kristin@kpquepasa.com) me. And um, THANK YOU for even offering.

2. I'm debating allowing blogger to put ads on the side of the blog. From my understanding, this should not interrupt your reading, and just from you visiting my site, I earn pennies. Which would go straight toward funding supplies for more projects, and for phone credits to call the states. But before I do that - tell me honestly, would that be a deal breaker for you?

3. This weekend we will be getting our treadmill. I know the excitement I have about this right now won't last. Never the less, totally excited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ads might be a deal breaker.

Kp said...

Dear anonymous, your posting of snobby comments technically doesn't count. Because you're the fiance, and i watched you type that out. So even if i lost every other reader and every post was nothing but obnoxious blingee pictures, YOU would still be obligated to read. Thanks for playing. K bye. (Love, kp)

Nicole said...

lol @ that exchange... but seriously, I've seen lots of blogs ask this question and there's always someone who's like "I'LL NEVER READ AGAINNNNNN!!!!" (Who's not Fiance and obligated to read even if it means toothpicks holding up eyelids). They do, and so does everyone else. Ad away ma'am. :)