Friday, January 27, 2012

Let Me Draw Your Spirit Animal

Okay, the title I just gave this post makes me think of Professor Trelawney.

Moment of truth folks - when I sit down to write a usual blog post, it takes me a few hours.  And today... well today I have stuff I actually want to get done.

So I propose an audience-participation-type post.  Ready?
  1. Go here.
  2. Discover your spirit animal (or your kid's spirit animal, or your pet's spirit animal.  I don't care, have fun with it).  Try not to weep in joy at how perfectly this simple exercise embodies your personality and existence into one beautifully described beast.
  3. Post your spirit animal's full name in the comments.
  4. I'll read the comment, and create masterful pieces of art*
  5. You return to this post later and I will have added a portrait of the majestic beast which represents the very essence of your soul.
  6. You have until Saturday at midnight central time to make the above 5 steps happen.

It's  win-win...win-win-win.  I don't have to spend 6 hours toiling over internet links worthy of the blog, I get drawing practice, and still time to dink around with other crafty endeavors... and you get a new facebook profile picture.  Or, you know, just a laugh.  Whatever works.

What're you waiting for?  You've got a spiritual journey to embark upon.  Get to clickin!

*Example of aforementioned Masterful pieces of art created by moi:
My spirit animal - Pandora the Hairy Zebra.


EDIT:  HERE THEY COME FOLKS:

Dim Sum, The Stubborn Rabbit


 Dancer, the Foxy Sloth (yes, she's on a pole.)

Gomer, the Stingy Llama

 Pandora, the Banana-Eating Sloth

Dancer, the Intelligent Rhino

Sammie, the Hairy Banana Slug (I don't know why I channeled Conan O'Brien, but there you go.)


Dim Sum, the Not-So-Shabby Dingo


8 comments:

Jamie said...

Since I'm clearly a terribly employee who is not working on Friday afternoon... my spirit animal is Dim Sum the Stubborn Rabbit. GO!

rcohan_1989 said...

My spirit animal is Dancer, the Foxy Sloth. Can't wait to see what you do with that one

Deanna said...

Oh my God... are you ready for this?

Gomer the Stingy Llama

Good luck with that ;) LOL

Karen said...

Pandora the banana-eating sloth

Rikki said...

Dancer the Intelligent Rhino? Really?! Can't wait to see what you come up with...

Nicole said...

Sammie the hairy banana slug. True life. Can't make these things up, folks.

Jill said...

Dim Sum the not so shabby dingo.

Kp said...

They're all up folks! Thanks I had a great time giggling at the craziness!