Saturday, March 26, 2011

More Pictures to Come


It's spring break! Until tomorrow at like noon. (Seriously, where did the week go!?) At noon tomorrow all the students come back. Hm. But right now - it's totally spring break. Woo.
What have I been up to in celebration? PAINTING.
Specifically, I took a day off to paint boyfriend's bedroom. There's a little more to be done with the trim, but it looks pretty good if I can toot my own horn. I don't have pictures yet (be prepared for a before and after post in a few days here) but I can show you what colors I picked by checking out my FACE and HAIR in this picture.
Pictured: A sample of Basketry in my hair, on my thumb, and my shoulder, and I believe that's a smear of Antique White (the trim) just below my eyebrow
I also finished a project that I've been sitting on for what seems like forever. That's right! the Puke Calendar is finally finished its rebirth as a painting of owls.
While it's usually not my style to make the obvious joke, I couldn't help but add the "hooters" banner at the bottom. I think it really adds something, don't you? Ha. Going up for sale at the etsy monster as soon as I can get my camera back from boyfriend's house for better pictures.
All in all it's been a good break. I feel accomplished, even without having been on the standard spring break "epic road trip." And so now if you'll excuse me I'm going to see about getting the flecks of "Basketry" and "Antique White" off of my fingernails.

No comments: