Friday, January 21, 2011

I Etched A [Glass] Jar And I Liked It


Friends, Romans, Countrymen, I have a new ability to add to my repitroire: Glass etching. I tried it last night, and while there were a few bumps in the road (More about me always wanting to make a masterpiece straight out the box than anything else. "Baby steps!" should be my mantra.), I'm quite pleased with the results.
In my first attempt, a pickle jar got new life as an "art piece" with maple leaf silhouettes etched around the middle. Check it out!
So this weekend? I forsee a lot of sitting, hunched over jars covered in a layer of masking tape, exacto knife in hand, and a bottle of caustic chemical by my side. In other words, a whole lot of fun. (I'm not being sarcastic. I know I can do that from time to time, but I'm sincerely jazzed.)
In other news, yesterday (January 19th for those keeping track), my mum sent boyfriend and I a valentines day care package. Yeah, it's like a month early, and yeah, we're both in our "mid to late 20's" and therefore past our care package prime, but who argues with free gifties? She sent a dog-friendly water bottle attachment for Mac, a pink mouse toy for Bubba, jerky spice mix for boyfriend, and for me she included lemon-scented lotion and body wash. Honestly, I was really pretty geeked to try it out - but, well, here's boyfriend's daily note:

No comments: