Monday, January 17, 2011

Taxes Schmaxes


I'm feeling a bit all over the place today. Trying to get lots of little things accomplished.
First and foremost, last week I ordered glass etching cream, and I'm super excited to dabble with a new medium when it gets here. Thus, I wanted to get all my extraneous glass prepped and clean today. Glass "trash" is weird for me - the little bit of a hippie that lives within me won't let me throw it out. So I literally have an entire cupboard filled with jars from applesauce, pasta sauce, salsa, and more that has long since been eaten.
Sometimes these little containers come in handy - I have an applesauce jar that I use to measure out my daily water intake, and a smaller salsa jar holds pens and pencils. But even I can see that it's getting a little ridiculous, and thus, all the jars are currently soaking in my bathtub, loosening up their labels. Their impending transition to artsy-fartsy jars that can be sold and ultimately leave the house is well on its way.
Next up, taxes. Merh. ...Or maybe not. Apparently my bank doesn't offer online tax statements. Seriously? Get with the times, BANK.
So I guess that frees up some time to work on getting the etsy up, functional, and hopefully list some items on it. Then I'll be all official. Or at least I'll start to feel like it. Honestly, there is a lot of work to be done before my internet presence is where I want it to be. *baby steps*
Oh, and then, there's the owl painting. Still a WIP, but wanna see my hooter collection? Of course you do.

No comments: